Cement plant Harburg, Germany
- Structural concrete and partly steel design (LPH 1-6),
- Building permit for entire new kiln line
Tendering for solid construction works (LPH 4+6 object planning)
- Substructure, foundation and pile foundation for 100m high preheater tower
- Kiln piers with pile foundation for 3-point supported rotary kiln
- Clinker cooler building - concrete structure with discharge tunnel and piled foundation
- Concrete structure for de-dusting systems, filter buildings, electrical substations, large fans
- Foundations with different founding systems for supporting structures
- Below-ground distribution tunnels in WU structure and media routes
- Storage hall, column foundations and transfer building for RDF
The cement plant in Harburg is investing in a new kiln line and thus in more environmentally friendly cement production. The new line alone is expected to reduce fuel-related CO2 emissions by 25%.
Kottmann GmbH was contracted for the structural design of the concrete in the course of the large-scale project "Kiln 8". In addition, we were responsible for the building permit and advised the client on structural engineering issues in the run-up to the project.
We dealt with the special requirements for deep foundations, from the necessities for the subsoil investigations to the most varied foundation concepts and the verification of pile foundations.
In addition, our office carried out the planning for the process-technical connection of the new line to the existing building and planned modifications and adaptations of existing buildings.
Kottmann GmbH carried out engineering inspections for construction monitoring.