Cement plant Ohorongo, Namibia
Structural steel and concrete design (LPH 1-5)
- Crusher area
- Circular blending bed
- Raw mill feed bin building
- Clinker silo
- Cement mill with feed bin building
- 3 cement silos with truck loading
- Packing plant
- Palletizing hall
- Limestone storage and transports
- Various electrical and utility buildings
Schwenk Zement laid the foundation for a new cement plant between Otavi and Tsumeb in Namibia at the beginning of 2009. The plant was completed after a record construction period of only 25 months.
Kottmann GmbH took over the structural design for several process buildings and silos.
Calculation according to Eurocode standards for design with Chinese steel sections and Chinese reinforcing steel.