Lime plant Blaubeuren, Germany
- Structural steel and concrete design
- Geotechnics with micropile foundation
- Building permit
- Site supervision
New construction of 3 steel plate silos for railway loading
- 3 steel plate silos diameter 4,8m, height 12,5m; each 425 t bulk material capacity
- Steel substructure (LxWxH) approx. 15 x 5,5 x 6,2 m
- Total weight of steel construction and silos: approx. 115 t
For the storage and shipping of various lime products, the expansion of the loading facility became necessary through the construction of 3 additional loading silos at Eduard Merkle GmbH & Co.KG. The supporting structure is founded on rock and anchored in the limestone with micropiles against uplift forces.
The silos are bolted steel plate bins that stand on 4 silo supports and are weighed with weighing cells.
The substructure is a hot-dip galvanised steel construction with high-strength pre-stressed bolted connections.
The Kottmann team provided the planning and supervised the construction process from preliminary design to final acceptance.